Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

inspired by my simple little pleasures- purple lattice


 When I first saw this from My Simple Little Pleasures, I added it to my inspiration folder..... that was  1 year and 8 months ago! ( I got alot of great ideas in that folder ) Anyhoo - I thought today I should try it and it turned out lovely = however, there is no way I could pull it off using a thin artists brush, so I opted for a stripe polish.

I chose subtly contrasting colours, LA Colors Stripe polish in Sea Foam Green and Sinful Colors Mint Apple. I added only 1 coat of Top Coat ~ the LA Colors striping polish was on the thick side, but I the think the texture of it goes great with the design. Next time I try this I will definitly use more contrasting colours.


HERE is the link to her blog post, and HERE is link to the youtube tutorial video. I also have to mention that she has 18 million upload views on all of her videos - how amazing is that!!!!!!!





weird lighting ?
o

7 comments:

Heather @ Peace, Love & Polish said...

Loving it!

KarenD said...

Very nice! You're smart to keep a folder of inspirations--I somehow think I'll remember where I saw something and of course I don't. :)

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! I love the designs and the color choices are on point!

carissakuo said...

omg!! i love the mani! :) so cute!

fingers said...

Very nice design! I really need to keep an inspiration folder-I see things all the time and forget the next day!

Ashley Calder said...

This is such a pretty colour, and I love the tone-on-tone stamping!

Francesca | A Golden Hour said...

Hi! I think you might be interested in my nail polish giveaway :) http://petitfaon.blogspot.com/2011/11/7-h-nail-polishes-giveaway.html xx

Francesca