Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

a purple diagional mani



I will be adding silver glitter stripe polish across the line, but before my camera battery totally dies I snapped these photos. This is 3 thin coats of Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac, I applied thin graphic art tape diagonally across my nails, and then added 2 coats of Billie Cosmetic's Purple, which is a deep blurple shimmer polish.

When I removed the the tape and applied Top Coat, I found that thin graphic art tape to be too thin for me to use as a polish guide and so I got polish on the other side of the tape. I had to go over the polish mistakes with the Sally Hansen polish; you can still see some of them - oops!

sun


sun


2 coats of Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac
o


8 comments:

Audrey- The Nail Affair said...

I love that lilac, its such a nice shade of purple. Also I absolutely love the diagonal look on the nails, and I keep trying to recreate it on mine but I have round tip nails and I feel it just doesnt suit mine, looks amazing on yours though!

Minnie said...

Oooh! I love these colours!! These lines are so neat:D

Unknown said...

I do my diagonals with regular scotch tape, and it works great!! I love your color combo, btw.

Bookworm Nails said...

That lilac is to die for! And I really like the color combination you chose :)

Anonymous said...

Love it. I am going to try this!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow i didn't even know that sally hansen xtreme nails had a lilac colour!!! i have never seen it before :(

Lucy said...

Love that lilac! As soon as my nails get a bit longer I'm going to attempt something from your arsonal.

Thea said...

So so cute! Maybe you can check out my nailblog? I am a newbeginner, but I get better all the time! x)

Lots of hugs from Thea <3

http://hverdagsnegler.blogspot.com