Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

marbling?


This was alot of fun, next time I wont use such strong contrasting colours and try something alot more subtle - also NO foil polish, dang that was messy & I will be sure to tape up all my nails !

I can see myself using a subtle water marble as a base for some other nail art. In its own I am not a fan. Unless I can perfect this like MSLP does HERE, then I'll have to skip on this look and stick to the easy stuff.



I started with 3 thin coats of Claire's Matte Grey, then used a plain black, a foil silver and the same grey polish as my base. When I was all finished marbling, I went over some spots with the black and silver & and I added some areas of silver glitter to conceal any air/water bubbles

Claire's Matte Grey 3 coats = the base for my marbling


I should have taped everything ( I did tape up my pinky though )





2nd attempt.........

uh, ummmmmmmm....

7 comments:

❤ Verinha - Febre de Esmalte said...

Uauuu

I love it

kisses
Verinha
http://febredeesmalte.blogspot.com/

Brazil
\o/

blog Usei Hoje said...

Unhas marble...
Lindas, lindas!!!


bjus.
http://useihoje.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

Love marbling. I like the different finishes of polish you used.

Sminkan said...

I'm sure you already got a lot of Stylish Blogger Awards but I want to give you one too. Your blog is amazing!

aki! said...

These black and white nails are gorgeous!

Amabile said...

Yeah, water marbling is so interesting indeed :-D I actually like the foil in your marble, it gives nice glow to the mani. But I can imagine it sure is a PITA to clean up :-o

Anonymous said...

I love the outcome of water marbling, but it takes a lot of time, patience, and nail polish.
I've done it about two times and got frustrated both times.