Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

♥ Claire's 'Magic' vs. 'My Precious' franken ♥

Claire's 'Magic' on my middle finger; kicks bunz and cannot be eclipsed in any way, shape or form

....... Well, there are some gorgeous polish's as lovely as Claire's Magic but in regards to my franken, Claire's 'Magic' is way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay prettier. It is more crisp and bright and the intense hottt pink micro-shimmer is very evident even in low lighting and makes this polish so special ( to me, anyways ). Claire's 'Magic' on my middle finger is 3 thin coats with 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat, while the rest of my nails are 3 thin coats of my recent franken 'My Precious' and 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat.

hmmmm, the base colour of Claire's 'Magic' is a bit more brighter than my franken. 'My Precious' when compared to 'Magic' seems more muted and without the intense pink micro-shimmer. The micro-shimmer in my franken is more on the rose/dusty rose side.  At first coat, my franken appears to have a bit of a more blue base, while 'Magic' is more of a vibrant Blurple. They are both very pretty.

I made this using an older Sally Hansen polish called 'Opal Truth' from the Maximum Growth line, and a few drops of an older Hard as Nail polish 'Radish'. I had no plans to make a sorta dupe, but I totally wowed myself with my franken skillz on this one!  I have alot of empty bottle's at the moment and am excited for the weekend so I can get to some frankening......


Have a great weekend Everyone!

L to R - franken 'My Precious' - Claire's Magic

L to R - 1 coat of 'My Precious'  - 1 coat of Claire's 'Magic'

FLASH! - Claire's 'Magic' middle nail......here you can really see the slight difference

Sun

Sun


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous franken! Mine always look like mud. :)

Recalcitrant Nails said...

I can't wait to try Magic (it's in my untrieds) and I think your franken is awesome!

Taki J said...

ooo...i got Claire's Magic during the $1 days woot, glad it is such a gorg color, i snagged Dreamcatcher too!!

Arrianne said...

It's sooo close, but Magic is a little more special.